THE ROMAN ROAD
Back in the day, the Roman Empire earned the phrase “All roads lead to Rome” because of its various trade routes that led to the center of the capital. Today, we, too, follow a Roman Road. This road, however, found in the book of Romans in the Bible, leads to Jesus Christ and eternal salvation.
WHAT IS SALVATION?
Salvation means to be saved from sin or harm and its consequences. Spiritual salvation ensures that we have eternal life. More important, it brings us into right relationship with God. Salvation has loads of benefits: unconditional love, protection, guidance, freedom, strength and so much more. Salvation is a gift from God. You can’t earn it. And you receive salvation through faith in the Son of God, Jesus Christ.
As you walk slowly down the Roman Road, be attentive to everything you see—comments, questions, scriptures. Let it all penetrate your heart. Although salvation is a free gift, it’s up to you to receive it. Once you do, your life will never be the same.
Let God reveal Himself to you today. He wants to bless you and come into your heart today.
Don’t be afraid. Accept God’s love, protection and blessing. Jesus said, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” John 4:13 (New International Version)
Are you feeling parched from the heat of affliction? Do you lack the strength to go on?
Are you thirsty for more life, more meaning and more joy? The Roman Road is the answer. Come, let’s take a walk.
WHY DO I NEED SALVATION? I’M A GOOD PERSON. I HAVEN’T DONE ANYTHING WRONG.
- “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God . . .” Romans 3:23
- “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. “ Romans 3:10-12
- “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned. . .” Romans 5:12
WHAT DOES JESUS HAVE TO DO WITH IT?
- “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:23
- “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
HOW CAN I BE SAVED?
- “Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ . . .” Romans 5:1
- “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” Romans 10:9-10
- “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Romans 10:13
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Once you’ve read these scriptures, believed, confessed and asked God to come into your heart, contact us here.We want to pray with you and help you take the next steps in your new Christian experience. We want to hear from you. Contact us now!
Note: All scripture is taken from the King James Version of the Holy Bible.